home

Thursday, October 28, 2010

africa day eleven.




July 26, 2010

       Today was the first day of the medical mission team. I got to be with Mary Macantyre (one of my newest friends). We took the responsibility of caring for the children while they waited to see the doctor. As we drove to the church (tent) we did devotion and sang some hymns. This trip has been such a great journey. I have met some great people and to fellowship and worship with them was amazing. We pulled up to a white tent which I found out was their church home
These people were so happy to have a place to fellowship. It was one of the most humbling experiences. After getting the medical clinic set up we got the soccer ball out to play with the kids. 
Some kids decided they wanted to color so we had some coloring books set up.  It was the first time for so many of those kids.  We played hard all day long and made some great relationships with the people we met. 
 The interpreter who helped Jamie was 23 years old told us about how he went to university in Swaziland in hopes that one day he will be a surgeon. His dedication and appreciation for school was so great to hear. God has been so faithful to teach me so many great things. I have a new perspective and appreciation for every aspect of my life and I couldn’t be more thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment